One of the first doulas in the Bay Area, I completed the DONA International Doula training and certification process in 1996, only 4 years after DONA was founded. I have served over 400 families in the last 22 years. Utilizing my calm, comforting presence and expansive skills, I help other women have empowering, positive birth memories. I work to inspire each mother’s confidence in her natural ability to give birth and help her have the best birth experience possible.
I am committed to continuing education, per my credentials found below. My goal is to be an exemplary doula who provides the very best support to birthing families.
• DONA International Certified Doula
• Co-Leader Emeritus, Mt. Diablo Doula Community, founding member
• Mt. Diablo Doula Community Liaison to Kaiser Walnut Creek
• Trained in Spinning Babies – Optimal Fetal Positioning
• Trained in cesarean avoidance and VBAC specialist
• Trained in the use of pain-reducing nerve stimulation (TENS) (A mom favorite!)
• Breastfeeding educator, CAPPA
• Trained in labor acupressure, mother massage, and labor aromatherapy
• Contributor, How to be a Doula by Rachel Gurevich
• Contributor, Birthballs by Polly Perez
• Contributor, Hey! Who’s Having this Baby Anyway? by Breck Hawk
• Volunteer Doula for Operation Special Delivery
• Partner Certified